All content on Blue Gum Lane is copyrighted. Images and text may not be reprinted in full form without our written consent. Content may be used for personal use only.
Blue Gum Lane (‘we’) understands that you’re are concerned with privacy, so we have policies to ensure that your personal information is handled safely and responsibly. We collect customer information to improve your shopping experience and to communicate to you about our products, services, contests or promotions. It is Blue Gum Lane’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
From time to time, we will send informational e-mails to you concerning bluegumlane.com information only. These could be specials, contest information or short messages containing information that we think you would want to know. We also share some basic shipping details with postal services for the sole purpose delivering your order.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving these e-mails, we give you the option to remove your name from our mailing list at the bottom of each email we send.
We will NOT sell, rent or share your e-mail address or personal details with a third party. We understand that this information is private and will handle it in a responsible manner.
We will not let anyone know what you brought, when you purchased it, give away your credit card number (we don’t even see it) or anything else that you might be concerned about. As a rule, anything that would bother me, we don’t do through our site.
2. Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
3. When do we collect your personal information?
At times, we are required to collect personal information in the normal course of providing services to our customers. The services may include:
- Signing up for our email newsletter
- When you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means)
If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter, you voluntarily provide your first name and email address in return for Blue Gum Lane’s content. Subscribers can unsubscribe whenever they like by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of every Blue Gum Lane email. We use ConvertKit for storing this information
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Your name and contact details such as your residential or business address, email address and telephone number;
- Your gender and age;
- Your company name (if applicable);
- Other information you may supply to us.
5. Other information
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- Your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Blue Gum Lane. This may include your shopping history, items, colours, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- Information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- Your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other).
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- To provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and exclusive or special offers that may be of interest to you
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice; To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- Provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers;
- Carry out administration, marketing, planning, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- To consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities;
8. How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper), this information is destroyed once it has been transferred to our electronic files.
We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
10. Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- If required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
Where applicable information is shared with a third party, these third parties are obliged to observe the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided.
Some of our associated companies with whom we share personal information may be located overseas. These associated companies will often be subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations dictated by laws in their own jurisdictions. Nevertheless, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach relevant privacy law or principles.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us via email regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication or by contacting us via the details provided in section 16.
You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
12. How you may access your personal information
You may access your personal information held by Blue Gum Lane by making a request to us.
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail) and we will not charge a fee.
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
13. Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion.
If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done. You will also receive an acknowledgement from us within 7 days confirming receipt of your complaint.
Once you have submitted your complaint we will assess it to determine whether you have complained about a privacy issue which is covered by the relevant privacy laws. If you have complained about something which is not appropriately dealt with under privacy law, we will write to you and explain why our Privacy Officer is unable to address your complaint.
If you have complained about something which the relevant privacy laws cover, we will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your complaint including ascertaining the relevant facts and what your expectations are for any resolution. During our investigation, we may need to seek further information from you as to the nature of or factual circumstances surrounding your complaint.
We will endeavour to respond to you, using your preferred contact method if you have indicated one, promptly and to offer a practical solution which is consistent with our legal obligations.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
16. Contacting us
Blue Gum Lane
PO Box 5210
Erina Fair, NSW 2250 Australia